Estimated value of award: $1,200
1. Full-time undergraduate student (12 semester credit hours) majoring in Civil or Environmental Engineering at UTSA.
2. Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA and must have completed 30 semester credit hours prior to the fall 2011 semester.
3. Applicants must demonstrate leadership and community service by participation in student activities in the College of Engineering, University or community.
4. Must have demonstrated financial need as determined by the UTSA Office of Student Financial Aid.
5. Preference will be given to U.S. citizens or permanent resident aliens who have graduated from a high school in Bexar County, Texas.
APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING MATERIAL:
1. Complete College of Engineering General Scholarship Application Form
2. Letter of recommendation from faculty member (high school or University) or community leader familiar with the applicant. Letter should speak to the applicant’s character, integrity and demonstrated care for others.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 p.m., October 6, 2011
Apply in the College of Engineering Dean’s Office (BSE 2.106) or by visiting the College website
The University of Texas at San Antonio
College of Engineering
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, Texas 78249-0665
Scholarship amount and availability may change dependent upon funding