Welcome to my personal web site!
Since August 2018, I am an Assistant Professor in Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA).
My main research interests focus on applied artificial intelligence in various engineering applications such Smart Grids, Smart Cities, Nuclear Power and Nuclear Security. Please visit my research page for more details
Should you feel interested in working with me, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- March 26, 2021: Student Adam Hooker received the prestigious Barry Goldwater Scholarship for his work on IoT Radiation Sensor Security
- March 25, 2021: 2 Papers accepted in ANS Instrumentation Conference (one paper in Quantum Communications, and the other on Molten Salt Reactors and Machine Learning)
- February 28, 2021: Paper accepted at IEEE PowerTech 2021 Conference
- February 25, 2021: Paper accepted at ANS Annual Conference
- February 20, 2021: Paper in ANS student Conference coauthored with undergraduate student Adam Hooker was accepted.
- February 18, 2021: Paper in ASCE Transporation Conference coauthored with Ph.D. student Y. Munian and Dr. Molina (Dept of Architecture) was accepted.
- February 4, 2021: Paper in Neural Computation and Applications Journal was accepted
- August 27, 2020: Collaboration grant with ANL funded by DOE/NEUP
- August 27, 2020: Paper accepted at Nuclear Technology
- August 1, 2020: 2 Papers accepted at ANS Winter Meeting
- July 19, 2020: Paper accepted at Sustainability Journal
- July 1, 2020: Special Issue in Int. J. on Artificial Intelligence Tools that I was the guest editor is published online
- June 30, 2020: Chapter published in Book “Artificial Intelligence Techniques for a Scalable Energy Transition.
- June 27, 2020: Paper on animal detection accepted at IISA conference
- June 25, 2020: Paper accepted in IEEE Access
- June 10, 2020: Prestigious Presidential award grant received by UTH-SA
- October 1, 2019: Awarded $3,000,000 grant from DOE/NNSA