Areas of Teaching Interest
Control & Systems
Areas of Research Interest
Autonomy; Distributed Multi-agent Systems; Cooperative Control; Data Analytics; Human-Robot Teaming; Machine Learning; Reinforcement Learning; Smart Sensing and Perception; Testing and Evaluation; Unmanned Systems
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Utah State University, August 2010
- F. Tao and Y. Cao, “Resilient Learning of Computational Models with Noisy Labels”, IEEE Transactions on Emergent Topics in Computational Intelligence, 2019. In press
- M. Khalili, X. Zhang, Y. Cao, M. Polycarpou, and T. Parisini, “Distributed Fault-Tolerant Control of Multi-Agent Systems: An Adaptive Learning Approach”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 2019. In press
- J. Votion and Y. Cao, “Diversity-Based Cooperative Multi-Vehicle Path Planning for Risk Management in Costmap Environments”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 66, no. 8, pp. 6117-6127, 2019.
- F. Tao, J. Votion, and Y. Cao, “An Iterative Multi-Layer Unsupervised Learning Approach for Sensory Data Reliability Evaluation”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 2199-2209, 2019.
- M. Khalili, X. Zhang, Y. Cao, M. Polycarpou, and T. Parisini, “Distributed Adaptive Fault-tolerant Leader-following Formation Control of Nonlinear Uncertain Second-order Multi-agent Systems”, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 28, no. 15, pp. 4287-4308, 2018.
- M. Khalili, X. Zhang, M. Polycarpou, T. Parisini, and Y. Cao “Distributed Adaptive Fault-Tolerant Control of Uncertain Multi-Agent Systems,” Automatica, vol. 87, pp. 142-151, 2018.
- E. Garcia, D. Casbeer, and Y. Cao, “An Event-triggered Control Approach for the Leader Tracking Problem with Heterogeneous Agents,” International Journal of Control, vol. 91, no. 5, pp. 1209-1221, 2018.
- N. Ahmed, D. Casbeer, Y. Cao, and D. Kingston, “Multi-target Localization on Road Networks with Hidden Markov Rao-Blackwellized Particle Filters,” AIAA Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 573-596, 2017.
- D. Milutinovic, D. Casbeer, Y. Cao, and D. Kingston, “Coordinate Frame free Dubins Vehicle Circumnavigation Using only Range Based Measurements”, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 27, no. 16, pp. 2937-2960, 2017.
- E. Garcia, Y. Cao, and D. Casbeer, “Periodic Event-Triggered Synchronization of Linear Multi-agent Systems with Communication Delays,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 366-371, 2017.
- E. Garcia, Y. Cao, and D. Casbeer, “Decentralized Event-triggered Consensus of Double- integrator Multi-agent Systems with Packet Losses and Communication Delays,” IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 10, no. 15, pp. 1835-1843, 2016.
- S. Manyam, S. Rathinam, S. Darbha, D. Casbeer, Y. Cao, and P. Chandler, “GPS Denied UAV Routing with Communication Constraints,” Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 691-703, 2016.
- Y. Cao, W. Ren, D. Casbeer, and C. Schumacher, “Finite-time Connectivity-preserving Consensus of Networked Nonlinear Agents with Unknown Lipschitz Terms,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 1700-1705, 2016.
- Y. Cao, “UAV Circumnavigating an Unknown Target Under a GPS-denied Environment with Range-only Measurements,” Automatica, vol. 55. no. 5, pp. 150-158, 2015.
- A. Hashemi, Y. Cao, D. Casbeer, and G. Yin, “UAV Circumnavigation Using Noisy Range-based Measurements without GPS Information,” ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 137, no. 3, 2015.
- Y. Cao and W. Ren, “Finite-time Consensus for Multi-agent Networks with Unknown Inherent Nonlinear Dynamics,” Automatica, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 2648-2656, 2014.
- E. Garcia, Y. Cao, and D. Casbeer, “Decentralized Event-Triggered Consensus with General Linear Dynamics,” Automatica, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 2633-2640, 2014.
- E. Garcia, Y. Cao, and D. Casbeer, “Model-based Event-triggered Multi-vehicle Coordinated Tracking Control Using Reduced Order Models,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 351, no. 8, pp. 4271-4286, 2014.
- E. Garcia, Y. Cao, H. Yu, P. Antsaklis, and D. Casbeer, “Decentralised Event-triggered Cooperative Control with Limited Communication,” International Journal of Control, vol. 86, no. 9, pp. 1479-1488, 2013.
- Y. Cao, W. Yu, W. Ren, and G. Chen, “An Overview of Recent Progress in the Study of Distributed Multi-agent Coordination,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 427-438, 2013.