- The Alvarez program will provide travel awards for qualified graduate students.
- A one-time per year amount of up to $500 will be provided to selected students.
- Faculty mentor will be required to provide at least $250 toward travel/registration from grants or other sources as partial matching for student to qualify.
- Fifty (50) slots will be available every year.
- Student should have a paper accepted for presentation (oral/poster) at a national level conference. Travel to regional conferences will not be supported.
- Students should apply to the office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies with relevant materials including a copy of the paper/abstract, proof of acceptance, details about the conference, and budget.
- Application should be submitted a minimum of 4 weeks in advance of anticipated travel.
- Awards will not be based on equal distribution of funds to the programs but on the quality of the student.
- Award decisions will be made by the Dean’s office.
- Funding may not be disbursed if high quality applications are not received.