1. The Valero program will provide travel awards for qualified graduate students travelling abroad to conduct research as part of College of Engineering’s international collaborations..
2. A one-time non-renewable award of up to $2,000 will be provided to selected students.
3. Five (5) slots will be available every year.
4. Student should have detailed documentation of proposed research.
5. Students should apply to the office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies with relevant materials including a copy of the research proposal, invitation from host institution, letter of support from UTSA research mentor, length of stay, and budget.
6. Application should be submitted a minimum of four (4) weeks in advance of anticipated travel.
7. Awards will not be based on equal distribution of funds to the programs but on the quality of the student.
8. Award decisions will be made by the Dean’s office.
Similar funds may also be available for foreign students working in College of Engineering labs as part of research collaborations.