- Undergraduate students expecting to graduate no earlier than December 2018 who are taking upper division courses in engineering.
- San Antonio ABET Accredited Engineering Curriculum (UTSA, Trinity, St. Mary’s).
- Full-time student in good standing.
- Student Member of ASME.
- U. S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
Scholarships will be awarded in two equal installments (50% for each semester enrolled).
APPLICATIONS: ASME APPLICATION_2018-2019
- Complete ASME-SA Application form.
- A copy of most recent academic transcript
- A letter or an essay (500 words, approximate) stating the role of Mechanical Engineering in your career plans, your activities in ASME or a similar engineering organization, and what this award will mean to you (Need).
- Merit as Indicated by:
- Contributions to student section of ASME or a similar engineering organization.
- Commitment to the Profession.
- Engineering Achievement.
- Need (Merit is given more weight than need, but Need may distinguish otherwise equal candidates.)
Please submit your application electronically via email to Dr. Kelly-Zion at firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “ASME Scholarship” in the subject line  Students from St. Mary’s, which is currently in the process of becoming ABET accredited, are eligible.  Recipient must maintain eligibility requirements 1-4 in order to receive the award for the second semester.