College of Engineering Scholarships
General Scholarship Requirements
All scholarships awarded by the College of Engineering require the recipient to:
- Be actively pursuing a degree in the College of Engineering and in good academic standing with the university.
- Be enrolled as an Engineering major
- Be enrolled as a F/T student (12 semester credit hours for undergraduate students, 9 semester credit hours for graduate students), unless otherwise noted
- Meet any other requirements as stated in the scholarship criteria
Award amounts are generally divided equally between the two semesters. Students must meet grade and enrollment requirements to receive the remainder of the award.
Tuition Rebate Checklist
Are you eligible for the Texas Tuition Rebate? Check and see if you are qualified to receive a tuition rebate of up to $1,000 as stated in Section 54.0065 of the Texas Education Code. You must meet all of the following eligibility requirements in the list to qualify. For more information and the checklist/application form visit Tuition Rebate Checklist
Currently Available Engineering Scholarships
All currently active scholarships are listed in the table below. If you've heard of a scholarship but don't see it on this list, check the Archived Scholarships page to see a list of scholarships whose deadlines have already passed.
|Scholarship Name||Award||Eligibility Summary 1||Deadline|
NewCOE Alvarez Grad Research Travel Awards Application
|$500 per year||
||Dec 31, 2012|
1 The Eligibility Summary does not encompass all of a specific scholarship's eligibility requirements. For a full list of a scholarship's eligibility requirements, please download the scholarship's application or visit the linked website.
Submitting Completed Scholarship Applications
Unless otherwise noted, please return your completed scholarship application and all required documents to the UTSA College of Engineering in one of the following ways:
College of Engineering Dean's Office
UTSA Main Campus
College of Engineering
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Attn: Sheila Slife
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
Air Force ROTC Scholarships
The Air Force ROTC offers In-College Scholarships to college freshmen and sophomores of any major. Visit the Air Force ROTC In-College Scholarships website to learn more about their programs.
Additional scholarships are avaible through local and national orgainzations. Visit the following websites to determine eligibiity and requirements.
- Austin-San Antonio Association of Energy Engineers
- ASCO Numatics Scholarship
- Jere W. Thompson Scholarship
- Buick Achievers Scholarship
- NASA Intern and Scholarship Program
- DESK AND DERRICK EDUCATIONAL TRUST SCHOLARSHIPS
- NASA Aeronautics Scholarship Program
- The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity Essay Contest
- HENAAC Scholarship