This scholarship was established in the Memory of Eric Daniel Hernandez, who died tragically the morning of December 24, 2013. He was a junior at UTSA, pursuing a Mechanical Engineer degree at the time of his death. Eric was a young man with various interests and played various musical instruments such as 6 string bass guitars along with the ukulele. He was a Mexican Folkloric dancer for 17 years. He was a season ticket holder for the San Antonio Spurs and was a great supporter of the Roadrunner football team. He was a very generous person, who loved life. He was a great friend, a tremendous son and brother.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Applicants must be students enrolled on a full-time basis (12 credit hours) as undergraduates pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Students must have minimum cumulative 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) GPA
- Complete the College of Engineering General Scholarship Application Form
- Attach a one-page essay regarding career plans/goals