Areas of Teaching Interest
Fiber Optic Communications, Coding and Error Correction
Areas of Research Interest
Fiber optic communications and communications
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK., 1984.
- S. Sarkar, M. K. Eghbal, M. Shadaram, “Discrimination between strain and temperature effects of a single fiber Bragg grating sensor using sidelobe power,” In Press, Applied Physics.
- M. Tarhani, M. Khosravi Eghbal, and M. Shadaram, “A layered subtree scheme for multicast communications in large-scale elastic translucent optical networks,” IEEE Access, http://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2020.2975621 , Vol. 8, pp. 37902-37913, 2020.
- M. Tarhani, S. Sarkar, M. K. Egbal and M. Shadaram, “Resource allocation using SPA based on different cost functions in elastic optical networks,” Journal of Computer and Communications, http://doi.org/10.4236/jcc.2019.710002 , Vol. 7, pp 14-20, 2019.
- M. K. Egbal and M. Shadaram, “Expandable high-capacity wavelength division multiplex- over-optical code division multiple access millimeter wave radio-over-fiber system“ Optical Engineering, http://doi.org/10.1117/1.OE.58.1.016118, Vol. 58, No. 1, January 2019.
- M. Shadaram, M. H. Rehmani and V. Sai, “Introduction to the special section on “Advancement in communication networks: From wireless mesh networks, wireless sensor networks, to cellular networks” Computer and Electrical Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2018.11.019, Vol. 73, pp. 376-377, 2019.
- M. K. Eghbal and M. Shadaram, “Photonic generation and detection of W-band OCDMA signals,” Journal of Advanced Optics and Photonics,” https://doi.org/10.1117/1.OE.57.1.016104, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 173-201, 2018.
- M. K. Eghbal and M. Shadaram, “W-band radio-over-fiber propagation of two optically encoded wavelength channels,” Optical Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1117/1.OE.57.1.016104, Vol. 57, No. 1, January 2018.
- M. Shadaram, M. Rehmani and V. Sai, “Architectures and Technologies for WSNs, WMNs, VANETs, and Cellular Networks,” Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering Special Issue on Wireless Communications, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2017.11.005, Vol. 64, 2017, pp. 145-147.
- R. A. Barnes, C. C. Roth , H. T. Beier , G. Noojan, C. Valdez, J. Bixler, M. Shadaram and B.L. Ibey, “Probe beam deflection optical imaging of thermal and electrostrictive phenomena resulting from nano-second electric pulse exposure (nsEP) in-vitro,” Optics Express, https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.25.006621 ,Vol. 25, No. 6, March 20, 2017, pp. 6621 – 6643.
- M. Shadaram, M.H. Rehmani, Y. Q. Song, R.Varatharajan, “Contemporary research issues in wireless communication networks,” Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering Special Issue on Wireless Communications, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2016.11.023, Vol. 56, November 2016, pp. 109-112.
- C. Roth, R. Barnes Jr. , B. Ibey , H. Beier , L. Mimun , S. Maswadi , M. Shadaram , R. Glickman, “Characterization of pressure transients generated by nanosecond electrical pulse (nsEP) exposure, Scientific Reports, 5, 15063; https://doi.10.1038/srep15063 , 2015.
- M. Shadaram, M. H. Rehmani, A. Izadzadeh, “Emerging Wireless Networks” Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering Special Issue on Wireless Communications, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2015.11.019, Vol. 48, 2015, pp. 60-61.
- M. H. Rehmani, M. Shadaram, S. Zeadally, and P. Bellavista, “Special Issue on recent developments in cognitive radio sensor networks” Journal of Pervasive and Mobile Computing, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pmcj.2015.07.011, Vol 22, 2015, pp. 1-2.
- M. Shadaram and M. H. Rehmani, “Wireless Systems: Networks, Routing, Security and Reliability’’ Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering Special Issue on Wireless Communications, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2015.02.01, Vol. 41, 2015, pp. 157- 158.
- M. Niknamfar and M. Shadaram, “Framework for optical millimetre-wave generation based on tandem single side-band modulation,” IET Journal of Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1049/joe.2014.0117, 10-1049, October 2014.
- R. A. Barnes Jr., S. Maswadi, R. Glickman, M. Shadaram, “Probe beam deflection technique as acoustic emission directionality sensor with photoacoustic emission source,” Applied Optics, https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.53.000511, Vol. 53, Issue 3, January 2014, pp 511-519. Additionally, recommended by editors and published in Virtual Journal for Biomedical Optics (VJBO), Vol. 9, Issue 3, March 2014.
- M. Shadaram, S. Smys, S. Zeadally, “Wireless systems: New technologies, resource optimization and security,” Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2014.02.003, Vol. 40, Issue 2, February 2014, pp. 289- 290.
- M. Niknamfar and M. Shadaram, “Optimization of optical single sideband configurations for radio over fiber transmission and multi-type data communication over a DWDM link,” Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2013.11.009, Vol. 40, Issue 1, January 2014, pp. 83-91.
- M. Shadaram, P. Cotae and C. Lacatus, “Introduction to the Special Issue on the wireless systems: modeling, monitoring, transmission, performance evaluation and optimization,” Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2013.07.015, Vol. 39, Issue 6, August 2013, pp. 1585- 1586.
- C. Lacatus, D. Akopian, and M. Shadaram, “Reduced complexity crosscorrelation interference mitigation in GPS-enabled collaborative ad-hoc wireless networks,” Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2011.05.001, Vol. 38, May 2012, pp. 603-615.
- Mehdi Shadaram has been either PI or Co-PI on numerous grants and contracts, totaling more than $15 million in the past 20 years. NASA, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, National Science Foundation, Office of Naval Research, Department of Defense, US Department of Education, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, UT System, Texas Instruments and Lucent Technologies have funded his research projects. His main area of research activity is in the broadband analog and digital fiber optic communication systems and photonic devices. In addition, he has extensive experience in Engineering Education Research.