Areas of Teaching Interest
Electrical Engineering Lab I, Electrical Engineering Lab II, Electronic Circuits I, Electronic Circuits II
Areas of Research Interest
Blind separation, Blind equalization, Wireless communications
Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin, May 1998.
- W. Yang, A. Kavak, S-Y. Kim, G. Xu, and L.K. Hansen. Evaluation of Spatially Selective Receiving/Transmission Techniques for a Smart Antenna System Operating at 1.8 GHz in Non-Stationary Scenarios, Proc. IEEE 49th Vehicular Technology Conference, May 16-19, 1999, Houston, TX.
- M. Torlak, L.K. Hansen, and G. Xu. A Fast Blind Source Separation for Digital Wireless Applications, Proc. IEEE Int. Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Seattle, WA, May 1998.
- M. Torlak, L.K. Hansen, and G. Xu. A Fast Blind Sequence Estimation in Digital Communications, Proc. IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, Pacific Grove, CA, Nov. 1997.
- M. Torlak, L.K. Hansen and G. Xu. A Geometric Approach to Blind Source Separation for Digital Wireless Applications. Signal Processing, Elsevier, Vol. 73, no. 1-2, pp. 153-167.
- L.K. Hansen and G. Xu. A Hyperplane-Based Algorithm for the Digital Co-Channel Communications Problem. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 43(5):1536-1548, September 1997.
- L.K. Hansen and G. Xu. A Test Statistic for Sequential Identification of Co-Channel Digital Signals Using a Deflation Approach. Proceedings ICASSP’97, Munich, Germany, May 1997.
- L.K. Hansen and G. Xu. A Fast Sequential Source Separation Algorithm for Digital Co-Channel Signals. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 4(2):58-61, February 1997.
- L.K. Hansen and G. Xu. A Fast Algorithm for the Blind Separation of Digital Co-Channel Signals. Proc. 30th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Comp., Pacific Grove, CA, November 1996.
- L.K. Hansen and G. Xu. Geometric Properties of the Blind Digital Co-Channel Communications Problem. Proceedings ICASSP’96, pages 1085-1088, Atlanta, GA, May 1996.