Areas of Teaching Interest
Machine Learning, Digital Signal Processing, Probability and Stochastic Processes, Signal Detection and Estimation
Areas of Research Interest
Quickest Change Detection, Statistical Signal Processing, Machine Learning, High-Dimensional Statistics, Sequential Analysis, Time-Series Analysis, Reinforcement Learning, Optimal Stopping Theory, Biomedical Signal Processing.
Ph.D, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2014.
- T. Banerjee, P. Gurram and G. Whipps, “Quickest Detection Of Deviations From Periodic Statistical Behavior,” Accepted in IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2019. https://arxiv.org/abs/1810.12760
- T. Banerjee, S. Allsop, K. M. Tye, D. Ba and V. Tarokh, “Sequential Detection of Regime Changes in Neural Data, ” Accepted in 9th International IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering (NER’19), 2019. https://arxiv.org/abs/1809.00358
- T. Banerjee, G. Whipps, P. Gurram, and V. Tarokh, “Cyclostationary Statistical Models and Algorithms for Anomaly Detection Using Multi-Modal Data,” In Proc. of IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (GlobalSIP), 2018. https://arxiv.org/abs/1807.06945
- T. Banerjee, G. Whipps, P. Gurram, and V. Tarokh, “Sequential event detection using multimodal data in nonstationary environments,” In Proc. of International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION), Cambridge, UK, July, 2018. https://arxiv.org/abs/1803.08947
- T. Banerjee, J. Choi, B. Pesaran, D. Ba, and V. Tarokh, “Classification of local field potentials using Gaussian sequence model,” In Proc. of IEEE Statistical Signal Processing Workshop (SSP), Freiburg, Germany, June, 2018. https://arxiv.org/abs/1710.01821
- T. Banerjee, J. Choi, B. Pesaran, D. Ba, and V. Tarokh, “Wavelet shrinkage and thresholding based robust classification for brain-computer interface,” In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Alberta, Canada, April, 2018. https://arxiv.org/abs/1710.10279
- T. Banerjee, H. Firouzi and A. O. Hero III, “Quickest detection for changes in maximal kNN coherence of random matrices,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 66(17): 4490 – 4503, September 2018.
- T. Banerjee and G. Moustakides, “Minimax optimality of Shiryaev-Roberts procedure for quickest drift change detection of a Brownian motion,” Sequential Analysis, 36(3): 355 – 369, September, 2017.
- T. Banerjee, Miao Liu and Jonathan P. How, “Quickest Change Detection Approach to Optimal Control in Markov Decision Processes with Model Changes,” In Proc. American Control Conference (ACC), Seattle, WA, May, 2017. http://arxiv.org/abs/1609.06757
- T. Banerjee and A. O. Hero III, “Quickest hub discovery in correlation graphs,” Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Pacific Grove, CA, November, 2016. (Invited) https://arxiv.org/abs/1702.01225
- Y. C. Chen, T. Banerjee, A. D. Dominguez-Garcia, and V. V. Veeravalli, “Quickest line outage detection and identification,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 31(1): 749 – 758, January, 2016.
- T. Banerjee and V. V. Veeravalli, “Data-efficient minimax quickest change detection with composite post-change distribution,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 61(9): 5172 – 5184, September, 2015.
- T. Banerjee and V. V Veeravalli, “Data-efficient quickest change detection in sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 63(14): 3727 – 3735, July, 2015.
- T. Banerjee and V. V Veeravalli, “Data-efficient minimax quickest change detection in a decentralized system,” Sequential Analysis, 34(2): 148-170, May, 2015. Winner of the Abraham Wald Prize in Sequential Analysis 2016
- T. Banerjee and V. V. Veeravalli, “Data-efficient quickest change detection,” Sri Lankan Journal of Applied Statistics, Special Issue: Modern Statistical Methodologies in the Cutting Edge of Science, with Guest Editor Professor Nitis Mukhopadhyay, pp. 183-208, 2014. (Invited)
- V. V. Veeravalli and T. Banerjee, “Quickest change detection,” Academic Press Library in Signal Processing: Volume 3 – Array and Statistical Signal Processing, pp. 209 – 255, 2014.
- T. Banerjee and V. V. Veeravalli, “Data-efficient quickest change detection in minimax settings,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 59(10): 6917 – 6931, October, 2013.
- T. Banerjee and V. V. Veeravalli, “Data-efficient quickest change detection with on-off observation control,” Sequential Analysis, 31(1): 40-77, February, 2012.
- T. Banerjee, V. Sharma, V. Kavitha and A. K. Jayaprakasam, “Generalized analysis of a distributed energy-efficient algorithm for change detection,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 10(1): 91 -101, January, 2011.