Areas of Teaching Interest
Machine Learning, Digital Signal Processing, Probability and Stochastic Processes, Signal Detection and Estimation
Areas of Research Interest
Quickest Change Detection, Statistical Signal Processing, Machine Learning, High-Dimensional Statistics, Sequential Analysis, Time-Series Analysis, Reinforcement Learning, Optimal Stopping Theory, Biomedical Signal Processing.
Ph.D, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2014.
- M. Angjelichinoski, J. Choi, T. Banerjee, B. Pesaran, and V. Tarokh, “Cross-subject decoding of eye movement goals from local field potentials”, Journal of Neural Engineering, 17(1), February 2020.
- M. Angjelichinoski, T. Banerjee, J. Choi, B. Pesaran, and V. Tarokh, “Minimax-optimal decoding of movement goals from local field potentials using complex spectral features”, Journal of Neural Engineering, 16(4), May 2019.
- T. Banerjee, H. Firouzi and A. O. Hero III, “Quickest detection for changes in maximal kNN coherence of random matrices,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 66(17): 4490 – 4503, September 2018.
- T. Banerjee and G. Moustakides, “Minimax optimality of Shiryaev-Roberts procedure for quickest drift change detection of a Brownian motion,” Sequential Analysis, 36(3): 355 – 369, September, 2017.
- T. Banerjee, Miao Liu and Jonathan P. How, “Quickest Change Detection Approach to Optimal Control in Markov Decision Processes with Model Changes,” In Proc. American Control Conference (ACC), Seattle, WA, May, 2017. http://arxiv.org/abs/1609.06757
- T. Banerjee and A. O. Hero III, “Quickest hub discovery in correlation graphs,” Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Pacific Grove, CA, November, 2016. (Invited) https://arxiv.org/abs/1702.01225
- Y. C. Chen, T. Banerjee, A. D. Dominguez-Garcia, and V. V. Veeravalli, “Quickest line outage detection and identification,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 31(1): 749 – 758, January, 2016.
- T. Banerjee and V. V. Veeravalli, “Data-efficient minimax quickest change detection with composite post-change distribution,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 61(9): 5172 – 5184, September, 2015.
- T. Banerjee and V. V Veeravalli, “Data-efficient quickest change detection in sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 63(14): 3727 – 3735, July, 2015.
- T. Banerjee and V. V Veeravalli, “Data-efficient minimax quickest change detection in a decentralized system,” Sequential Analysis, 34(2): 148-170, May, 2015. Winner of the Abraham Wald Prize in Sequential Analysis 2016
- T. Banerjee and V. V. Veeravalli, “Data-efficient quickest change detection,” Sri Lankan Journal of Applied Statistics, Special Issue: Modern Statistical Methodologies in the Cutting Edge of Science, with Guest Editor Professor Nitis Mukhopadhyay, pp. 183-208, 2014. (Invited)
- V. V. Veeravalli and T. Banerjee, “Quickest change detection,” Academic Press Library in Signal Processing: Volume 3 – Array and Statistical Signal Processing, pp. 209 – 255, 2014.
- T. Banerjee and V. V. Veeravalli, “Data-efficient quickest change detection in minimax settings,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 59(10): 6917 – 6931, October, 2013.
- T. Banerjee and V. V. Veeravalli, “Data-efficient quickest change detection with on-off observation control,” Sequential Analysis, 31(1): 40-77, February, 2012.
- T. Banerjee, V. Sharma, V. Kavitha and A. K. Jayaprakasam, “Generalized analysis of a distributed energy-efficient algorithm for change detection,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 10(1): 91 -101, January, 2011.