Center for Excellence in Engineering Education
The Center of Excellence for Engineering Education (CE3) provides a holistic approach for improving the quality of engineering education at The University of Texas at San Antonio. The center strives to improve the preparedness and marketability of the students in the College of Engineering for challenging and rewarding careers.
What We Do
Workshops for writing and problem solving skills, resources for internship opportunities, tutoring and gate keeper courses, FE exam preparation, and career advising are all examples of the activities on hand at the center. The center also facilitates sequential internships in local industries as part of student development.
The CE3 seeks to support UTSA's engineering students by sponsoring special classes, initiatives and events that strengthen academic performance and foster a learning community that contributes to increased retention and graduation rates.
- Improve retention and graduation rates in the College of Engineering
- Lead superior research on teaching and learning in engineering disciplines and to disseminate the results
- Provide essential resources to engineering faculty and students to improve the quality of engineering education
- Promote multidisciplinary capstone programs with industry involvement
- Provide educational support for the science and math teachers and students for grades K-12 at the K-12
- Increase external funding for engineering education activities
For Engineering Students
- Special research and mentoring opportunities for undergraduate engineering students
- Assistance in identifying and applying for off-campus summer research opportunities
- Field trips to companies that hire UTSA engineering students
- Summertime engineering research camps for high school students
For Engineering Faculty
- Professional development support for new faculty
- Assistance for faculty involvement in educational research
- Support for curriculum development and revision
- Workshops on student learning outcomes, assessment and accreditation