The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CE) offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering accredited by the EAC Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Civil Engineering Bachelor of Science graduates are expected to attain the following program educational objectives (PEOs):
- meet the expectations of their employers,
- will endeavor to become licensed professional engineers and,
- are able to pursue graduate studies, if so desired.
The student outcomes of our undergraduate program follow the criteria established by ABET for accrediting Engineering programs. Our CEE Bachelors graduates have:
- (a) an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- (b) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- (c) an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- (d) an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- (e) an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- (f) an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- (g) an ability to communicate effectively
- (h) the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- (i) a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- (j) a knowledge of contemporary issues
- (k) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- (m) An understanding of the elements of project management, construction, and asset management.
- (n) An understanding of business and public policy and administration fundamentals.
- (o) An understanding of the role of the leader and leadership principles and aptitudes.
Enrollment and Graduation Information
Annual Enrollment Data
BS Civil Engineering
|BS Civil Engineering UC||131||160||179|
|Environmental Science & Engineering PhD||23||28||25|
Other enrollment data
http://www.utsa.edu/ir/content/oir_interactive-students.html , Page 10 of the “10 Year Enrollment” report has information by department.