BME Undergraduate program
Information on Undergraduate Research »
Program Education Objective
The objectives of this program are founded on the belief that the engineering principles and understanding of biological and physical sciences are critical to the investigation of fundamental bioengineering questions associated with complex living systems as well as with the diagnosis and treatment of human diseases. As such, the specific educational objectives of this program are that our graduates will be able to:
- Contribute positively in the biomedical engineering industry and/or other sectors such as hospitals, government agencies and academia.
- Enhance competence in biomedical engineering by pursuing an advanced and/or professional degree in the practice of bioengineering.
- Work successfully as a member in a team environment to facilitate biomedical engineering practices.
The student outcomes of the Biomedical Engineering program are:
The Biomedical Engineering (BME) Department is commited to developing well-rounded, competitive biomedical engineering professionals to support the University's mission.
- To provide high caliber BME education to students interested in the field of Biomedical Engineering.
- To provide opportunities for BME research to students with a unique combination of clinical and engineering experiences
- To form collaborations in bioengineering-related educational and research opportunities that will be of significant benefit to the San Antonio and South Texas technical and business communities.
- To effectively support the University's mission by encouraging minority participation in graduate and undergraduate studies.